Our Automation Engineers are responsible for developing, testing, supporting and maintaining the tools that allow us to effectively manage thousands of servers and workstations. We aim to streamline and standardize our processes through off-the-shelf and built-in-house automation. We’re using tools like LabTech, PowerShell, PowerShell DSC, Chocolatey, and Node.js to automate routine and complex tasks, as well as tools like SQL Server and Power BI to provide insights into the systems we manage.
Here's what we are looking for:
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to understand and analyze complex issues and propose general solutions to them.
- Agile mindset: able to break larger projects into smaller ones that are delivered iteratively.
- Ability to prioritize work based on cost vs benefit and project timelines.
- Able to communicate well with others at VC3 that will be using the tools you build and support; this includes asking questions and providing multiple options, letting others know how to use tools you’ve created and notifying them about updates.
- Desire for automating workstation and server configuration management, customer onboarding and support processes, and other internal processes.
- Passion for finding answers in system configuration, log, and monitoring data and sharing what you’ve learned with others.
- Comfortable working with our existing toolsets while simultaneously bringing new ideas and approaches into the team.
- Able to write PowerShell scripts (or are skilled in C#/VB.Net and can become a PowerShell expert quickly) and have a general understanding of Windows admin.
And, here is some additional info you will want to know:
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Foosball and ping pong skills are a definite plus!
- VC3 offers a great benefits package.